How To Produce a Profile of a Cross Section on a DEM
- Drop down the Customize menu--> Toolbars--> 3D Analyst.
- The 3D Analyst toolbar will open. Select the Interpolate Line icon.
- Click to the left (outside of the DEM) of where you want the cutting plane
- Move your mouse to the right (keeping outside of the DEM) of where you want the cutting plane. (A line will appear across the cutting plane)
- Double click to finish drawing cutting plane. The cutting plane will snap to the DEM.
- Select the Profile Graph icon (there is a dropdown with different graph options)
- The line graph will pop up! -- Good Job!
How To Export Data From Graph
- While viewing your profile graph, right click on the graph and click Advanced Properties...
- A window called Editing will open. On the left, click Data.
- A chart will appear on the right. Beneath the chart, click Copy icon on the far right.
- You may now paste the data into a spread sheet.